Tuesday, April 11, 2006

super productive

a new design for baby clothes. i've been thinking about cupcakes a lot lately, it was only a matter of time before i embroidered one on something.
for easter my mom got me this book. i made the lemon sugar snap cookie batter today; tomorrow i will bake it! they have to chill, and i'm not in a huge rush. the batter smelled so good while i was making it; full of lemon zest and juice. the scent actually reminded me of portuguese sweet bread, the kind my mom used to make every year for easter. next weekend i'll make that too.
last night was the first time in a few weeks i'd picked up and worked on my baby blanket. the pattern is getting easier for me to remember, and i worked on it some more this afternoon too.

i also ran a few errands and got some other stuff done. good times.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely love the color, bee-yoo-tee-ful!

Anonymous said...

your cupcake is so cute - but since *you* did it, I expect little devil horns... a skull... a curse word? something hehe!

can I have a cookie? =D

amanda said...

to be honest, even i'm sort of surprised the cupcake turned out so normal. what can i say? maybe i'm going soft?

Spacebeer said...

I think little cuppy is a little cutie.

Anne said...

I am soooooo jealous!!! I want that book!

Anonymous said...

That is, bar none, the CUTEST embroidered cupcake I've ever seen!
Cupcakes are so trendy now, but as I know that you're not a slave to trends, I was so pleased to see you just do it in such a sweet and classic way.

Nice job.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the cupcake. Love the lemon snap cookies. Love the baby blanket.

Guess who will also be making Portuguese sweet bread this weekend? Hint: it's the same person who will be visiting a certain Snow during a certain Wool Festival in June, and who is greatly looking forward to meeting the Monday night crowd. Go ahead, guess. :)