Friday, April 28, 2006

field trip!

i'm going to denver today. i'm totally doing it. you know i've lived her for six months, and have yet to go to the big city. which means i haven't been to denver in over a year and a half. that's pretty ridiculous.

i've made a tenative list of places i want to check out, but nothing too set-in-stone, mainly because i'm pretty sure at some point i'm going to get lost. it's inevitable, my sense of direction is lousy. i have a few mapquest maps printed out, i've got an atlas in my car, my mp3 player loaded up with stuff to listen to, and my favorite shirt on. i'm ready to go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like fun. How long does it take to get there?

amanda said...

denver is about an hour away, but it's kind of really nice drive so it doesn't feel that long. i made up a special playlist on my mp3 player just for the trip, and it was a pleasant trip. it helps that i was also going during the day when most people are at work!